2015年9月10日星期四

US Open: Federer beats Gasquet 3-0 to enter semis

In the US Open, Roger Federer was looking to advance to the 38th Grand Slam semifinal of his career as he took on Richard Gasquet yesterday.  Taobao agent

The Swiss had not dropped a set in the final major of the season, and that was bad news for his French opponent, as the number two seed continued to impress at Flushing Meadows.
In the US Open, Roger Federer was looking to advance to the 38th Grand Slam Semi-Final of his career as he took on Richard Gasquet.
In the US Open, Roger Federer was looking to advance to the 38th Grand Slam Semi-Final of his career as he took on Richard Gasquet.
Federer won the first set 6-3, sealing it with a cross-court winner.

The 17-time Grand Slam champ then jumped ahead 3-1 in the second set, and when his backhand just cleared the net and dropped in, it was another sign this was not Gasquet's
day. Gasquet recomposed, but in the ninth game, Federer came to the net for a volley winner into the open court, and he was just two points away from taking the set 6-3.

Federer then dominated the third set before putting it away with an un-returnable serve; 6-1 was the final margin in the closing frame, and Federer is headed to the semifinals in New York for the 10th time in 12 years.

"Maybe at my age to run through, you know, five opponents the way I have done here at the US Open, I don't consider that normal, to be quite honest, even though I expect it in some ways for myself to come out and play well. I've played so well over the last one-and-a-half years. I don't feel like I'm as old as I am. I still feel young," Federer said.

Roland Garros titleholder breezes into Semi-Finals

Federer’s compatriot Stan Wawrinka faced South African Kevin Anderson, hoping to set up an all-Swiss semifinal.

Wawrinka won the opening set 6-4. And he had chance to break the tall South African in the second set, and he found the corner to put away the ninth game, setting himself up to win the frame 6-4.

Wawrinka completely took over in the third set, before pounding an open court winner to polish things off 6-0, so he will now meet compatriot and occasional doubles partner Federer in the semifinals.

"I will, for sure, need to play my best tennis. He's playing really well so far. He loves to play. He knows how to play. He had some amazing matches and, uh, it's going to be a big challenge, but, uh, I think I'm ready,"Taobao Broker Wawrinka said.

没有评论:

发表评论